[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Moody Bible Inst. Tesla Coil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 16:57:46 GMT
From: Robert Michaels <robert.michaels-at-online.sme-dot-org>
To: mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Moody Bible Inst. Tesla Coil (fwd)

-> When I was a kid growing up in Milwaukee Wisconsin, I saw this
-> demonstration! This was back in about 1958 or so. The guy's name was
-> George Speak if I remember correctly, and he was an
-> evangelist/scientist. He put on one _fantastic_ show, weaving science

        Amazing -- that you remember the man's name.  It does sound
        familiar now that you mention it.

        He was quite an evangelist -- after seeing his presentation I
        repented and accepted Tesla into my life as the bearer of the
        truth and the purveyor of the light.

[ ... ]

-> them for protection). They advertised this as a 1 Million Volt coil
-> (although it was probably actually less than half that). But incredibly

        Yeh...  It was a bold claim.  But then as now, who among us
        had the voltmeter with which to say otherwise?
[ ... ]

-> Anyone know whatever became of this rig??

-> -- Bert --

       It's a good thing I don't know -- if it were to be available I'd
       be sore tempted to buy, at most any cost.

                                        Wistfully,

                                        Robert Michaels