[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Re: High Power Electr (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 09:14:13 -0500 (EST)
From: dll-at-egg-rb-dot-com
To: Tesla List <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>, tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
Subject: RE: Re: High Power Electr (fwd)

I was the one who talked to Jim Sarjeant.  My name is David Lockwood.
Jim Sarjeant is a professor of Electrical Engineering at the State University of
New York at Buffalo.  He is well known in the pulsed power field, and is a
recognized authority on high voltage dielectrics.

Richard Dollinger who also taught at SUNY Buffalo, passed away last year.

I first met these gentlemen when I taught in the SUNY system twenty years ago.
At that time Richard Dollinger was playing with Tesla coils.  He succeeded in
optimizing their performance to the point that he was afraid to publish his
findings for fear of personal liability for possible injuries.  He wouldn't even
show me the details of his analysis.  I suspect that some of the material in
"High Power Electronics" was gleaned from that work.

Dave Lockwood