[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Newborn coil - will be twins (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 01:10:15 +1100 (EST)
From: Rodney Graham Davies <Rodney.Davies-at-anu.edu.au>
To: Tesla List <mod1-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Newborn coil - will be twins (fwd)

Hi Robert,

On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Tesla List wrote:

> The secondaries will both be wound in identical sense.  The flat
> spiral primaries will be opposites (mirror images) of each other to
> facilitate symmetrical connection to the 3/4 inch copper pipe
> parallel transmission line running between the two towers.  Thusly
> the desired 180 degree phase difference atop the two towers will be
> achieved.

Just a quick query as to the way you're winding the coils...

How are you connecting the primaries? Parallel or Series?

The reason why I ask is, by having the two primaries in the same
direction and connected in series, then, winding each secondary in opposite
directions, this will send the phases out by 180 degrees. With this
setup, you can connect the primaries in series or parallel, and only have
to change the tappings...(where turns in series < turns in parallel)

This configuration was passed onto me by Ed Wingate.

I have not seen the configuration you outlined in your design...

Anyway, just a suggestion...

Catchya!

Rod