[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Good question... More Caps = Larger streamers? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 17:36:18 +0500
From: Jeremy Bair <pwac-at-flinet-dot-com>
To: mod1-at-pupman-dot-com
Cc: tesla-2-at-emachine-dot-com
Subject: Good question... More Caps = Larger streamers?

I have a 12kv 30ma neon sign transformer.

>From what I understand about caps are they store the voltage and
repeatedly store the amperage, increasing the capacitance at each output
of the xmfr.

So the more caps, the more amps, but longer charging time.

If you added about twice as much capacitance to your tank, and widen
your spark gap, CAN you achieve more output in the secondary
compromising firing speed? (Like one fire a second or faster, or however
long it takes to charge).

Of course when you make these modifications, proper tuning is necessary.

Jeremy Bair