[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: polyethylene

    [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]

, February 05, 1997 12:25 AM

> Subscriber: c604313-at-showme.missouri.edu Tue Feb  4 22:03:53 1997
> Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 21:51:16 -0600 (CST)
> From: c604313-at-showme.missouri.edu
> To: Tesla listserver <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> Subject: polyethylene

Might I be able to
> find suitable material by ordering it from a hardware store or glass
> store? If so, what should I ask for?? (I have tried both hardware and
> glass stores asking them for pure polyethylene sheets, but they just look
> at me like I'm crazy.)

I get this all the time and it gets worse when I'm asked WHAT I'm trying to
do with various items! It's usually best if you know the "normal" use for
something so that you can talk the lingo of the clerk.

-Ed Harris
(or maybe its just that I really do look crazy)