[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Colorado Notes and laser caps

At 11:25 PM 2/7/97 -0700, you wrote:
>> Subject: laser caps
>
>Subscriber: tom_mcgahee-at-sigmais-dot-com Fri Feb  7 23:09:09 1997
>Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 17:36:52 -0500
>From: Thomas McGahee <tom_mcgahee-at-sigmais-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Colorado Notes and laser caps
>
>    [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]
>    [Your display is set for the "US-ASCII" character set]
>    [Some characters may be displayed incorrectly]

[Giant Master Snip]

> I should mention that
>another thing that made this Tesla coil somewhat unconventional was the
>fact that the resonating capacitor was connected directly in parallel with
>the primary of the Tesla coil.

Fr. McGahee, this is the same thing I am doing with my coil and I thought it
was just another normal setup. I would like to know more about this. I have
my caps across the primary but also my neon, would this be the same thing
you are talking about?
See that did not go off topic.

BTW I have a WECK 152-II air cooled argon laser with those very same caps,
coils, and gaps setup the same way as Weavers find from the scrap yard, I
kept the coils to use as RFI filters at a later date and the caps are
sitting in a junk pile. The gaps are long gone now.
Ok, just a hair off topic there.

[Another master snip]

>There is still room for fruitful modern research based on such little
>things from the past.

So very true but I wish there was more time for it.

                                       Regards,
                                            Kevin Nardelle

   * T   E   S   L   A      C   O   I   L   S *
Kevin Nardelle   knardell-at-accesscom-dot-net
My main web page IS UP all TESLA
related with lotsa pictures and links.
http://www.icorp-dot-net/users/kev/tesla
http://www.accesscom-dot-net/nardell
Non related sites I have
The Louisiana Swamps Online (Under construction)
http://www.icorp-dot-net/users/kev