[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Coil Research

>Hello all,
>            I am doing some research into certain secondary
>parameters and would appreciate some info on working coils (if you
>have two or more, so much the better):
Hi Malcolm,
	Last week I promised that I would measure my system and post
the results. I've been sidetracked. I was up to ~3' sparks from my
single 15kV 60mA neon. I didn't want to blow it so I hooked up my
7.5kV 10kVA pig instead. After about 10 minutes of more or less
continuous running my power contractor's (american?? for high current
relay) coil smoked;( I'd mistakenly wired it to 220V instead of the
110V the coil was rated for.

Today I'm rewinding the relay's coil so I can energize my TC again.

	cheers,

	jim