[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fw: my $1.00 quasi-electrometer and more "electrostatics" experiments

    [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]

> Subscriber: rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net Sun Feb  2 17:44:56 1997
> Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 10:36:24 -0500 (EST)
> From: richard hull <rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Fw: my $1.00 quasi-electrometer and more "electrostatics"
experiments

> At 10:17 PM 2/1/97 -0700, you wrote:
> >Subscriber: harris-at-parkave-dot-net Sat Feb  1 22:13:37 1997
> >Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 22:31:51 -0500
> >From: Ed Harris <harris-at-parkave-dot-net>
> >To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> >Subject: Fw: my $1.00 quasi-electrometer and more "electrostatics"
experiments

> I note that you are using the homemade electrometer on rather sheepish
> systems with none of them truely resonant and none of them consisting of
> 100KW peak impulse power levels like my little 30 watt system.  Thus you
> should see exactly what you saw.

Yes, but I'm still not certain about all reasons WHY I see what I see.
You know? And why should the charge change sign as the  power/timing
change....

> For simple corona, the charges sent are
> always the charges collected.  Simple air ionizers do this.   Also the
> ranges to my collector in my 30 watt system never were closer than 48".
> There is a vast difference in the conditions of test here.

I hope you didn't think I was trying to say that my experiments correlate
yours exactly. I only wanted to try something that was available to me
and easily controlled. I would be most interested if one of John Freau's
pulsed tube coils could reproduce the positive charge.

> Your experiments
> meet with all the conditions of tests I performed over a year and half
ago.
> This is why when those findings didn't extend to pulsed systems (positive
> charge only), I became alarmed and curious.  Thus, the recent series of
more
> definitive tests.
>
> Keep up the good work and thanks again for the input on the homemade
> electrometer.

Yep, sure thing. Do the same.
-Ed Harris