[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

SW Bottle CAPACITORS EXPLODE!

Ok I take back everything I said about SW Bottle caps not exploding, we blew
three tonight and one of them exploded with such fury my cool neighbor has a
cut under his eye from flying glass.

They all blew and threw oil and glass over the room, I always kept mine in a
box but these were sitting on the table about 2 feet away from the coil so I
think that could be the problem.
On another note we did get 10 inches of spark from this tiny coil. The
winding legnth is 9 inches so we are doing ok.

We both have decided to stop running the coils untill we make the poly caps.

For all you guys that still use the saltwater capacitors be carefull!

                                       Regards,
                                            Kevin Nardelle

   * T   E   S   L   A      C   O   I   L   S *
Kevin Nardelle   knardell-at-accesscom-dot-net
My main web page IS UP all TESLA
related with lotsa pictures and links.
http://www.icorp-dot-net/users/kev/tesla
http://www.accesscom-dot-net/nardell
Non related sites I have
The Louisiana Swamps Online (Under construction)
http://www.icorp-dot-net/users/kev