[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tubing, how bizarre they are!

Hello, I want to thank John Freau publically for sending out the tube
coil schematic. I threw together a coil this weekend using a modified
version of the design john provided me with, and am pleased with the
prelimanary results. With two 803's and a microwave oven transformer I
am able to get a wonderfully bizarre brush discharge of five inches.
These babies are a sensitve lot though. Ok, so now for the qustions: How
hot is to hot for the 803's? I can run them for about two minutes before
they get to hot to touch, this is with a 2400 Volt -at-~500mA (actually not
sure of the current rating of the transformer, the microwave was rated
at 1.2 Kw). Next qustion: I have  two 4cx250b's, but could trade them
for a pair of 813's, I like seeing whats going on inside, but the
4cx250b's have a 250 watt PD and the 813'S only a 125, should I stick
with the 4cx250b's? Thanks for any sugestions,

David Trimmell