[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

polyethylene

Hello to all!

     I have a few books on T.C. design, but they don't even come close to
the wealth of information I have found on this list! I'm convinced that
some of the best stuff being done on these Tesla coil things are being
done first and foremost by many of the people on this list! This list is
THE BEST resource on T.C.'s I have found! Thanks,

     Here is a question I would like to throw out in hopes of a short
reply:
     I have collected some good info on Primary Cap construction and I'm
wanting to get started on the construction of some home brew caps. For
this I want to use polyethylene sheets. Where might some good quality poly
sheets be found? Who would carry something like this? Might I be able to
find suitable material by ordering it from a hardware store or glass
store? If so, what should I ask for?? (I have tried both hardware and
glass stores asking them for pure polyethylene sheets, but they just look
at me like I'm crazy.)

     One of the coolest things about Tesla coils to me is that it is just
a bunch of wire and insulation with a few slabs of conductive material
thrown in, most of which can be home-made. If done right, nature takes
over, and WOW home made lightning!!!

      Thanks again,
            Bert S.

[ Look in the yellow pages under Plastic.  That's where I found Colorado
Plastics.  They had 4x8 foot ldpe sheets, but now just have poly pro. In
Denver there are some ldpe sheets available.  (Dave Burman should be
recognized for his efforts at procuring them for me) -- Chip]