[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: First Coil

Tesla List wrote:

> Subscriber: emu-at-clarityconnect-dot-com Thu Jan  9 22:33:50 1997
> Date: Thu, 09 Jan 1997 19:03:18 -0800
> From: Chad Westbrook <emu-at-clarityconnect-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: First Coil
>
> How could i build a Tesla coil from a 6v ignition coil
>
> 6 Wine cooler caps.
>
> 2Ft Capped pvc pipe
>
> 2 Lbs. #22 wire
>
> 1/2 Lbs. #26 wire
>
> Will this work??
>
> If there is somptin wrong e-mail me
>
> Thanx

I have a TC made from a 6K ignition transformer.  I have 600 turns of #24
wire in a 1.5" PVC pipe for the secondary.  I have 10 turns of # 12 wire on a
2" PVC pipe as the primary.  I slid the primary over the secondary.  I have
several .01 uf ceramic disc capacitors connected in series and parallel for
the capacitor.  I have a single spark gap on this and have tried an air gap
which works a litter better but not much.  The gap is in parallel with the
transformer.  The cap is in series with the primary.  It produces a 2" spark
at the secondary.  Last week I swapped the primary and secondary with 4 other
primary and secondary coils that I have and still got a 2" spark on the
secondary. With the secondary attached to a 6" clear glass light bulb it
makes a nice plasma globe.

Gary Weaver