[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Epoxy

Re: Conductive epoxy
	It is very expensive, and not a very good adhesive.  The
stuff I am familiar with is all silver loaded.  Example is listed
in latest Allied Electronics catalog, #974-0004, page 726.  The
price is $14.00 for two small tubes.  I am sure it can be purchased
more econimically in larger quantities, but don't have the references
here at home. [economically]
	With regard to JB Weld and other metal-loaded epoxies,
the answer is that they are usually not at all conductive.
	Don't know what application the original request was
intended for, but I suspect there is a cheaper solution that will
work as well.  I've had quite a bit of experience with the use of
conductive epoxy, and am of the opinion that almost any alternative
is preferable.  If the interest is still there, I'll get a good
source reference and post it.
Ed Phillips