[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TC Electrostatics, more possibilities

Tesla List wrote:

> Subscriber: nikki-at-fastlane-dot-net Thu Jan  2 22:45:53 1997
> Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 11:29:46 -0600 (CST)
> From: Bert Pool <nikki-at-fastlane-dot-net>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: TC Electrostatics, more possibilities
> big snip
> >

> I decided is was best not to snip any of the above in the interest of
> maintaining an important piece of continuity on this subject.
>
> We all use toroids to shape the electrical fields around the tops of our
> coils.  Except for the problem of field shaping, a sphere is better at
> storing charge.  It is becoming obvious that electrostatics and charge
> storage has been a sorely overlooked part of TC operation.
>
> There may be a way to increase the storage capacity of a toroid or other
> discharge capacitance without having to build excessively massive tops; and
> the way was paved by none other than NT himself!
>
> Nikola Tesla had developed a unique electrostatic storage device which was
> used on his particle beam weapon (some of you may have a copy of NT's
> description of this device which was presented at one of the Colorado
> Springs Tesla Symposiums several years ago). The best way to describe the
> device is a bullet shaped electrode inside a vacuum jar with one wire
> electrode coming out which would connect to your toroid.  You would need to
> construct many of these.
>
> Playing with the formulae and values presented in this paper, I estimate
> that using these devices increases the total charge storage capacity of a
> sphere or toriod by a factor of at least ten times!  I know of no one who
> has experimented with duplicating these devices.  Richard Hull is at a
> perfect point in his research to look into whether the device does in fact
> work, and whether it increases charge storage in TC use.  I know I'd like to
> do something to reduce the size of my toroids, five feet in diameter and
> definitely getting bigger!
>
> Richard, I suspect you already have a copy of the Symposium paper, but if
> you don't, and you are interested, I'll immediately send you a copy.
>
> Bert Pool
> nikki-at-fastlane-dot-net

Bert,

I have seen this teslarian item and never quite understood the function
of the vacuum in the jar.  If the point was connected to hv this would
limit immediate corona a bit, but wouldn't help at huge voltages which
Tesla was discussing.  If the symposium paper helps or attempts to
explain this I would enjoy seeing it.  I have the symposium (tesla
only-even years) for 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990, only.  If it is one of these
let me know and I will look it up.

Richard Hull, TCBOR