[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HELP ME PLEASE!

At 11:24 PM 1/2/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Subscriber: jim.fosse-at-bdt-dot-com Thu Jan  2 23:21:58 1997
>Date: Fri, 03 Jan 1997 05:15:24 GMT
>From: Jim Fosse <jim.fosse-at-bdt-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: HELP ME PLEASE!
>

>>Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 19:05:21 -0600
>>From: Kevin <knardell-at-mailhost.accesscom-dot-net>
>>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>>Subject: Re: HELP ME PLEASE!

>[snip]
>>

>>Jim, the coil works like I have it, just not doing anything big, I have not
>>fried my neon,
>YET! You will:( I have; many others have also.
>> only blew the caps because I opened the gaps to far. If I set
>>the system up like you said to, and I did, it don't work and the gaps won't
>>fire. The neon sits there and goes hummmmmmmmmmmmm.
>>

>Kevin,
>	It sounds like your SW caps are resonating with the leakage
>inductance of your neon (this produces a higher voltage) and without
>the higher voltage the gaps will not conduct.
>
>You have 6 3.5" ice tea bottles (memory here). Maybe Bert can
>calculate your capacitance (hint, hint;)
>
>While Bert's working, try the parallel gap/series cap with a smaller
>gap setting.  The only thing you have to lose by not trying this are
>your neons.
>
>	jim
Ok, you got a deal jim. BTW I might wanna do some trading for some
capacitors if anyone has some polys they would part with.
   * T   E   S   L   A      C   O   I   L   S *
Kevin Nardelle   knardell-at-accesscom-dot-net
My main web page soon to be all TESLA
related with lotsa pictures and links.
http://www.accesscom-dot-net/nardell

Non related sites I have
The Louisiana Swamps Online (Under construction)
http://www.icorp-dot-net/users/kev
Get me on CuSeeMe for live video and chat!
Shop talk, Show and tell, Ect...
The Continuum Reflector-High speed and Color
204.107.221.9 Conf. ID 2601