[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: magnifiers

<< Ed:
 	Thanks for the input! I am already experiencing this condition with a
 12kv. 30ma. neon! I've only tried raising the sec. about an inch or so,
 will play with more spacing. If convienient, you might look at a few
 more specs on my coil as stated in another message I have addressed to
 Bert and posted the same time as this message. Any comments you may have
 (several, I bet!) are greatly appreciated. Also, how does one determine
 crital coupling experimentally, or mathematically with our type of
 setups?

 Thanks again,
 Mike >>

Mike,

Sorry, I've lost the info on your coil.  Several folks on this list have the
equipment to measure and calculate the exact coupling of the
primary/secondary.  I have only done it by trial and error.

Ed Sonderman