[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: GAPS HELP

<<
 Ok, I have these turbines from a jet engine and they are made form titanium,
 they look good for making a rotary gap, what do you think?

 I posted some pictures of my coil, I again ran into some problems. I have a
 15KV 60 MA Neon and I changed to a 12KV 120MA Neon, my sparks got smaller it
 seems, they were about 12-14", now only about 6-11". Does the 3KV make that
 much of a difference? How about putting the 12 and 15KV in parallel? As you
 can tell from the pictures I am in seroius need of better spark gaps, would
 anyone be willing to make a deal or show me how to build them?

 [NOTE: The images are delayed and will be posted as soon as possible --
Chip]

Kevin,

Check the FTP site for instructions on making a cylindrical spark gap with
copper pipe sections bolted and epoxied into a 6" pvc pipe section.  This is
the best gap I have found for neon sign transformers.

Ed Sonderman