[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: does anybody really read these?

>  Third, what about filling an old lead-acid battery or similar device
>with oil or water and using as a capacitor??  They are already designed
>for maximum internal surface area and high amperages...  Will this
>work?? (Happen to have a few i was thinking about using...)

Cool idea but I do think that you might need more than a few in order to get
the right capacitance and also the battery is not designed for HV, I would
think it would internally short out (fail). Anyone else care to share their
views on this seemingly ready made cap?

                                       Regards,
                                            Kevin Nardelle

   * T   E   S   L   A      C   O   I   L   S *
Kevin Nardelle   knardell-at-accesscom-dot-net
My main web page IS UP all TESLA
related with lotsa pictures and links.
http://www.icorp-dot-net/users/kev/tesla
http://www.accesscom-dot-net/nardell
Non related sites I have
The Louisiana Swamps Online (Under construction)
http://www.icorp-dot-net/users/kev