[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Brent's Photo's

Hello Brent:
	I went over to the ftp site and took a look at your newly added
photo's.  I enjoyed them quite a bit.  I would like to ask a question.
I have not yet taken any still photo's of my coil in action at night.
One comment that I do recall was that any current day camera with
sensitive electronic's can get smoked if used close to a coil.  So, in a
nut shell, what type of camera do you use and what are the settings, ISO
film speed, shutter opening time, that sort of stuff.  How close do you
set it up to the coil?  I would appreciate any tips you could make, or
anyone else.  I've got a newer Minolta camera that I really don't want
to wreck, so that is why I'm really interested.  Rather spend the money
on coil parts than camera repairs!  I was able to latch on to an old
Leica type 3C camera from about 1938 vintage.  Now, I'm sure this one
doesn't have anything to worry about inside.  I just got it this week
from an Uncle and I went out and tried a roll of film already, to see if
it still is O.K.  It has the needed timed exposure feaures, so it would
probably be perfect for this type of work.
	Any tips would be great--thanks again for posting your shots, Monday
I'll be scanning some of my construction shots on my latest coil and
hope to get them posted some time next week.

Chuck Curran