[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

protecting computers, was Re: Very COOL AVI

On Fri, 24 Jan 1997, Tesla List wrote:

> Always unplug the phone line from your modem if you are not siting infront
> of the glowing screen!!!

As a matter of fact, my store sells a power bar with surge protection for
the phone line, plus it comes with a $5,000 insurance policy or so.  With
this policy, if your computer is nuked by lightning while it's plugged
into this power bar the insurance company pays up.  It's made by APC, I
forget the exact name.  E-mail arnold-at-geeky1.ebtech-dot-net for more detailed
info(including a price).  TTYL!

                            ---
                        Paul Anderson
    Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
e-mail: starspek-request-at-lowdown-dot-com with subscribe as the subject
I hear it's hilarious.               Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
          http://www-dot-netcom-dot-com/~tonyh3/speck.html
                "Jordi, I cannot stun my cat."