[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: smoking secondary

At 10:25 PM 1/4/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Subscriber: RRice43147-at-aol-dot-com Sat Jan  4 21:39:15 1997
>Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 12:34:54 -0500
>From: RRice43147-at-aol-dot-com
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: smoking secondary
>
>Hi all!
>My tc started to quit working (no sparks)
>upon checking it out,the secondary was filled
>with smoke,i assume from internal arcing.
>When i wound the coil,I didnt know about NOT
>drilling holes thru the form(I learned that from this
>list) but i had the holes filled with putty.
>Can anyone think of a fix?I would hate to wind
>a new coil!
>Thanks,Rick

Start winding Rick, there really is no true fix for that, I believe it is
history but others on the list might not agree with me. I myself am new to
this but I understand when the secondary shorts you need to wind wind wind
your way to a new coil.
   * T   E   S   L   A      C   O   I   L   S *
Kevin Nardelle   knardell-at-accesscom-dot-net
My main web page soon to be all TESLA
related with lotsa pictures and links.
http://www.accesscom-dot-net/nardell

Non related sites I have
The Louisiana Swamps Online (Under construction)
http://www.icorp-dot-net/users/kev
Get me on CuSeeMe for live video and chat!
Shop talk, Show and tell, Ect...
The Continuum Reflector-High speed and Color
204.107.221.9 Conf. ID 2601