[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toroid

"Can anyone tell me where to get a good factory made toroid or how to make a
good one.  I have several but they all are made with 4" flexable dryer hose
and aluminum foil, stove pipe elbows, basket ball with aluminum foil. "
	I've had excellent luck with aluminum dryer ducting, wrapped
first with a lot of masking tape to sort of fill in the "grooves", and
then with aluminum tape from the same source as the dryer ducting.
Biggest on e I've built so far was 16" OD, made with 4" ducting,
and looks and works great.  Took a couple of hours to make the toroid,
somewhat longer to fit plates to it (tempered masonite disks covered
with tape) for mounting on the coil.  At most a Saturday afternoon's
project.
Ed Phillip