[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ion motor? (fwd)

Re: "Spinners"
	Built my first one about 1941, simple copper wire poundeed
pounded flat in middle, punch mark for upper bearing, bent into
a "Z" shape and ends filed sharp.  Spun like crazy with very small
coil powered by what must have been about a 15 ma, 6kV transformer
and really crummy glass plate capacitors.  Of course, coil didn't
have a toroid, just a large sewing needle pointint straight up out
of the wooden cap on the inside of the top of the coil.  Never
heard of a toroid on a coil until got involved with TCBA News a
number of years ago.  With just the needle got three or four
inch streamers, which amazed all the parents at our high school
science fair.
	Can 't imagine a spinner working at all at the center
of a toroid!
Ed Phillips