[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Toroid, Humidity, New Coil

Group,

After making a few mistakes with my first TC i built a 6" coil using
information gleaned from this list. What a success, 4.5 feet right out of
the gate with 1.4 KVA. I hope some tuning will prove as fruitful.

In the process of  getting the new coil together I built a 19"x4.5" toroid.
I immediately noticed that breakout didn't occur until about 80% power, well
after the gap had begun to fire. The temperature was in the twenties and the
humidity was low.

Now that it has warmed up a bit the humidity is higher and the toroid breaks
out as soon as the gap begins to fire, 60% power or so. Can it be that the
humidity is solely responsible for this or am i overlooking something else.

  (((())))
     |  |
     |  |
GEORGE W. ENSLEY