[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: torque conv./ inner tubes

On Wed, 8 Jan 1997, Tesla List wrote:

> No, it wont, at least the home depot type wont. I filled a coil form full of
> it and what a mess. After days I punched a hole it the stuff at the bottom
> and the liquid still ran out and it would not surprise me if after months it
> would still be moist.   Stephen

None of them will.  It's the way they work - The stuff is kept liquid by a
solvent, and the idea is that when the solvent evaporates off it leaves
this solid stuff behind(remember the warning about using it in well
ventilated areas?).  When the solvent can't evaporate, you're stuck with
an inner tube full of liquid.  And, if you left it long enough the solvent
would probably being attacking the inner tube, to boot.  TTYL!

---
Paul Anderson
Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
e-mail: starspek-request-at-lowdown-dot-com with subscribe as the subject
I hear it's hilarious.
Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
http://www-dot-netcom-dot-com/~tonyh3/speck.html