[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ion Motor Again

>Subscriber: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com Wed Jan  8 22:24:49 1997
>Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 12:14:43 -0500 (EST)
>From: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Ion Motor Again
>

>Last night I finally got my ion motor spinning like an airplane propeller.
> Is that the right name for these things?  I tried raising it above the
>toroid on a drinking glass and it did not work.  I placed a beer can (empty)
>on top of the toroid, in the center, then placed the ion motor on top of the
>beer can.  Works great.  In fact it spins so fast, I am concerned it will fly
>off and land down in the primary.  It looks pretty cool spinning with about
>12" discharges coming off of it.
>
>Ed Sonderman

Ed,
        I'm glad you got it going. Besides looking pretty cool, it also
sounds pretty cool doesnt it? I recently had a loosing battle for my
drier ducting toroid. I knoked it off the top of the coil and it hit
the pointed edge of one of the acrylic primary fin forms and pokes a
gaping hole in it. I have already bought new stuff and will make a new
toroid this weekend. Anyway the point (and thats a pun) here is that I
was using the dart part of a blow dart. Before, I was using 2 magnets
to hold the dart up straight on the toroid but after battle damage, I
just poked the dart diectly into the top of the torroid. It makes a
great conductive balance point.

Happy Coilin,
Bob Schumann