[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ed's striking problem

> Date:          Mon, 13 Jan 1997 22:25:50 -0700
> From:          Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
> To:            Tesla-list-subscribers-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
> Subject:       Re: Ed's striking problem

> Subscriber: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com Mon Jan 13 22:10:59 1997
> Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 21:48:54 -0500 (EST)
> From: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Ed's striking problem

> << Ed,
>
>  Yes, metal spacer between, the entire top thingy one piece
>  electrically, that's what I meant.  Maybe it's just time to wind a
>  10, 12 or 15 inch or even larger coil eh?
>
>  rwstephens
>   >>
> rwstephens,
>
> It could be.  If I build another large coil, it would probably be a magnifier
> but I am really bumed out having to run only outside.  I am having fun with
> my new small coil set up in the basement.  I leave everything set up and can
> play with it every day if I choose.  With the big coil, I can only run it at
> night, dependent on the weather and it takes about 1/2 hour every time to get
> it all set up.  What I really need is a separate building, metal with a
> cement floor, heat, about 25' square, with a high ceiling.
>
> Ed Sonderman

Ed,

That's merely what we all  need!  Even though I have this marvelous large
workshop building now the ceiling height is only 10 ft 4 inches.  I
am in the same boat as you in that to operate MTC or larger coils I
must wait for a weather opportunity, also coordinate a visiting
helper, and set up outside.  I'm knee deep in snow here now and the
winds are brutal most days.   Oh well!

When I can swing the financing I propose to raise the ceiling in one
room that has a 27 X 31 foot floor space where I've already run in
filtered power and a ground system.  If I add another 15 feet I'll
get 25 foot ceiling height making a box big enough to set up a decent
1/2 megavolt commercially capable HV breakdown testing (oh yes and
great Tesla coiling) room.

rwstephens