[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Case ground.

At 12:00 AM 1/21/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Subscriber: DavidF4797-at-aol-dot-com Mon Jan 20 22:27:35 1997
>Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 18:10:11 -0500
>From: DavidF4797-at-aol-dot-com
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Case ground.

>> I have gone through this same thing with Mike
>>  Hammer several times and we both thought there may be a wiring error but
>>  that is false, I tried it again and yes, it was the same as your diagram.
>>  Mike's was also the same and I have tried it several times,
>
>I have been experimenting with primary circuits for some time and have tried
>both methods
>1) the gap across the neon and the cap in series
>2) the cap across the neon and the gap in series
>
>I have found that in a properly functioning primary circuit, neither method
>had any advantage as far as spark output of the coil.  They both worked about
>the same.  This implies that either you have a mechanical problem, which may
>be that you have your gaps set up too wide.  This could result in the effect
>of the gaps not fiering when in pearllel with the transformers but fiering
>when they are in series.  So this means that you either have too *many* gaps
>at the right spacing or the right number of gaps with the wrong (and too much
>spacing).
>
>Second, you may be misunderstanding the wireing circuit proposed to you so I
>am sending you a gapahics file of the *right* circuit.
>
>-DaivdF-

It is not misunderstood, I know the right way and I have done it as such. I
DID bring the gaps in when I changed the circuit and nothing happened. The
gaps only fire when the capacitor is parallel with the neon, they will fire
also either in parallel or in series as long as the capacitor is across the
neon. Capacitor in series=nothing, I have tried several ways with the cap in
series and have had zero results.

                                       Regards,
                                            Kevin Nardelle

   * T   E   S   L   A      C   O   I   L   S *
Kevin Nardelle   knardell-at-accesscom-dot-net
My main web page IS UP all TESLA
related with lotsa pictures and links.
http://www.icorp-dot-net/users/kev/tesla
http://www.accesscom-dot-net/nardell
Non related sites I have
The Louisiana Swamps Online (Under construction)
http://www.icorp-dot-net/users/kev