[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: cap tester

Tesla List wrote:

> Subscriber: gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net Mon Jan 27 22:16:40 1997
> Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 10:21:45 -0800
> From: Gary Weaver <gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: cap tester
>
> I need a capacitor tester to check the value of my 2 Tesla Coil rolled oil
> filled capacitors.  The value should be about .008 uf.
>
> The only thing I own is a digital volt meter and a soldering gun.  My meter
> does not check capacitors.  I don't want to spend $200.00 for a new meter
> that checks caps.
>
> Does anyone know anyplace that sells low cost capacitor meters?  Does anyone
> know where to buy a KIT for a capacitor tester?  Does anyone have a circuit
> for a capacitor tester that can be built from parts?
>
> My email address in http://www.gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net
>
> Gary Weaver

Gary,

A place called C&S Sales; 1245 Rosewood Ave.; Deerfield, Illinois; phone
(708) 541-0710 has digital meters that will measure capacitance starting
at around $60.00   ( fully assembled). They have one model digital LCR (
also fully assembled ) for $75. I have several of their meters and am
quite satisfied with them.

Ed Wingate