[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: spot welder capacitors

I am still in the process of planning my first low power dc ignition
coil drivin TC, however I have in mt possesion on old spot welder I
pulled some neeto stuff out of, primarily a rack of capacitors -

it's well made with 32 caps in par. in an 8 x 4 configuration with
heavy copper straps making all connections. There is no manufacturers
label, but each is labeled 245mfd  400vdc. The units are aluminum can
type, in good shape, with a small rubber nipple in the top of each for
preasure relief in the event of failure I believe.

Since this was an industrial unit I feel like these things would
probably stand up to some abuse....  my question is should I hold on to
this for future use? The voltage rating seems low, but I dont know how
flexible that rating is. Any thoughts would be appreciated