[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Coil problem

I just have to say this to everyone, This is a great idea (The List),
Everyone can exchange ideas and help others with problems, why can't it be
this way all the time everywhere! I am having so much fun with my coil and
also talking with everyone here that I am going to build another:)

I first off am going to get my first one off the ground and complete with
all goodies in place so I may still have some questions for you guys. I am
going to possibly be moving into a job as a Laser Tech soon so I will not
have alot of time but I think this could good as I will come across more
stuff for the pile. If anyone has needs for stuff let me know exactly what
you are looking for and I can give you a great deal. I do have hundreds of
neon transformers and insulators so let me know what you need.

Tonight I found that if I pull the spark gaps apart to far the coil does
some amazing things but my caps go 'TINK' and I have a saltwater/oil mess.
NO the bottles will not explode they do go 'tink' and then everything goes
quiet.  Looks like I might need to do the BIG plate capacitor thing in a
trash can. I want MORE POWER!!!!!!! I NEED MORE POWER but my house won't
give it to me! Think the power company will mind if I hop up the pole and
tap in? (JOKE). If anyone can help with this fuse blowing and cap blowing I
would be greatfull.

BTW the fuse is only 20 amps not 30, should I jam a 30 in there? how bout
going to the main with a new line?? and what about these pole pigs, I can
get lots of them, do I need some?

At 11:09 PM 12/31/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Subscriber: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com Tue Dec 31 22:52:47 1996
>Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 13:50:28 -0500
>From: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Coil problem

><< Kevin,
>         Sounds like you got a case of the kickbacks!
> Are you using any RF chokes for transformer protection?
>
> Bob Schumann
>  >>

>Kevin,
>
>You might also try placing 3,000 ohm resistors in series with each high
>voltage lead from the transformer.  You should have a safety gap at the
>output of the transformer with a center grounded contact.  This ground should
>be connected to the transformer case, the secondary bottom end and to a
>dedicated ground - not your house wiring ground.  Set the spark gaps so they
>just barely fire under normal operation.  Someone mentioned Rf line filters
>between the transformer and the house wiring - definitely a good idea.
> Marlin P. Jones has a 30 amp filter for $5.94 (stock # 3994-FL).  I have
>bought several of these.  They work great.  Their phone # is 1-800-652-6733.
>
>Ed Sonderman

   * T   E   S   L   A      C   O   I   L   S *
Kevin Nardelle   knardell-at-accesscom-dot-net
My main web page soon to be all TESLA
related with lotsa pictures and links.
http://www.accesscom-dot-net/nardell

Non related sites I have
The Louisiana Swamps Online (Under construction)
http://www.icorp-dot-net/users/kev
Get me on CuSeeMe for live video and chat!
Shop talk, Show and tell, Ect...
The Continuum Reflector-High speed and Color
204.107.221.9 Conf. ID 2601