[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toroid

At 10:25 AM 1/1/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Subscriber: gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net Wed Jan  1 09:58:06 1997
>Date: Wed, 01 Jan 1997 20:02:08 -0800
>From: Gary Weaver <gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Toroid
>
>Can anyone tell me where to get a good factory made toroid or how to make a
>good one.  I have several but they all are made with 4" flexable dryer hose
>and aluminum foil, stove pipe elbows, basket ball with aluminum foil.  The
>sharp edges cause arcing before the toroid can reach a full charge.  I know
>the toroid on the Tesla Coil works like the sphere on a Van DeGraff.  If I
>can stop the premature arcs the arcs will be longer and more powerful.
>Information Unlimited has a 3" by 12" for $100. which seem small to me.  I
>could make one on the lathe from a piece of solid aluminum but it would weigh
>400 lbs.  Does anyone have a suggestion?
>
>Gary Weaver

That is what i am going to do, I am going to the airport (Previous
Employment) and I am going to cut my own on a CNC. I have not priced the
aluminum block but depending on the grade of aluminum you use, the weight
will vary greatly. 400 LBS is a very very big toroid and you must be talking
about structural grade aluminum.

                                       Regards,
                                            Kevin Nardelle

Quality Control Accepted #28

What's the difference between a puppy and Woody Jenkins?

	A puppy quits whining after three days.