Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 18:29:37 -0500
From: Sean Michael Mead <wyrm-at-blueriver-dot-net>
To: Dan Gowin <gowin-at-epic-1.nwscc.sea06.navy.mil>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: SERIOUS QUESTION and why we may be out of this hobby!]

Dan Gowin wrote:

> Sean,
>         Do you have any opion on this post? Or more
> to the point, have you heard anything?

>  D. Gowin
Dan,
I don't know anything about it.  If Tesla coils put out a radio
frequency (which wouldn't surprise me, but you're the engineer), then
the FCC can probably regulate away.   They would face few limits in
determining how and who can operate the coils, etc.  However, I do not
know what "new law" was being referred to, and regulations are generally
limited to punishment by fines or agreed settlements (subject to
numerous appeals); I doubt the existence of any new regs so severe on
this subject that applying them could force a nightclub out of
existence.  Usually, the bureaucrats will accept a I will not do X and Z
without Y next time kind of settlement.
Take it easy.
Sean.