[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toobz the rating game

On Tue, 7 Jan 1997, Tesla List wrote:

> For those not around during the old days, the tube must seem a bit
> strange.  Actually they are more akin to a virtually indestructable FET.

My experience has been significantly different!  As far as I've seen,
vacuum tubes blow like popcorn in an oven.  Add to that the fact they're
almost impossible to find these days....  If any of you know of a source
of 12AU7 tube or any other tubes, let me know, I've got four vacuum tube
scopes sitting around waiting to be fixed.   TTYL!

---
Paul Anderson
Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
e-mail: starspek-request-at-lowdown-dot-com with subscribe as the subject
I hear it's hilarious.
Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
http://www-dot-netcom-dot-com/~tonyh3/speck.html