[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Flat Spiral Tesla Coils

From: 	DR.RESONANCE[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent: 	Tuesday, July 01, 1997 10:07 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Flat Spiral Tesla Coils

To: Richard Wall

I believe Tesla was running his flat spiral with a tap on it.  In this
manner it served in an autotransformer mode as both a primary (innermost
turn to (example) 5 turns out) and also a secondary inductor.  This allowed
the complete resonance transformer to lie in one flat plane.  Low
distributed capacitance is achieved due to the spacing from turn to turn as
the spiral progresses outward.

David Sloan also experimented with this concept and developed one million
volts across a water cooled tapped pri-sec system consisting of 18 turns of
1 inch dia. copper pipe.  Output power level was in excess of 100
kilowatts.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net