[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: plywood capacitor box

From: 	Owen Lawrence[SMTP:owen-at-iosphere-dot-net]
Sent: 	Friday, July 11, 1997 6:27 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: plywood capacitor box

> I have a quick question. Can anyone recommend a very good and
> relatively inexpensive coating, like a two part epoxy paint or
> something that would be able to seal up the inside of a plywood
> box used to a capacitor case? I would like to avoid building a
> plastic box if I can.
>
> I would like to use several coats of polyurethane, then coat the
> inside with something to hold in the oil.
>
> Anyone have any experience along these lines?

You could use a plastic liner (like a bag, or several bags, one inside the
next) instead of a coating on the wood.  The wood then merely plays a
structural role.  You might want to avoid using nails in its construction,
too, just in case.

	If you do choose this path please let us know how it goes.  I'm
considering trying it for my next capacitor.  Good luck.

  - Owen -