[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LDPE and HDPE

From: 	richard hull[SMTP:rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net]
Sent: 	Wednesday, July 16, 1997 7:53 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: LDPE and HDPE

At 07:19 AM 7/16/97 -0500, you wrote:

> [...]

No real diff so far as caps are concerned.  The high density stuff has an
edge in heat handling and a slight edge in voltage.  Don't pay more for the
higher density grades.  LDPE is just fine for all uses in Tesla caps.
Strength on LDPE is rated real high 3000-5000v/mil in .5mil thicknesses
(DC).  In thick slabs >50 mil it drops drastically to 200v/mil (AC shock
excited).  K is around 2.3-2.5

Richard Hull, TCBOR