[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: In vs. Out [small magnefier ]

From: 	DR.RESONANCE[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent: 	Sunday, July 20, 1997 6:21 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: In vs. Out

Hi Rich:

Was wondering if anyone in your group ever tried to drive a small magnifier
with a high power vacuum tube setup?  I have an 803 with matching 3,000
volt, 1.2 ampere power supply and matching filiment xmfr.  I thought in
might be fun trying to drive a small magnifier/resonator setup.  I have in
mind an 12 dia. sec coil closewound with #6 AWG and a 20 in. dia. primary
of 30-60 turns with tuning taps.  This sec. coil to be about 24 inches
long.  Resonator coil would be a 24 inch long winding of #14 AWG 3 kv PVC
insulated wire -- closewound.  Perhaps a 24 x 5 toroid on top of resonator
and a small toroid of 1 inch dia. copper tubing atop the driver sec. coil.
I'm not looking for spark-excited performance but thought a nice 36-48 inch
discharge would be a good starting point.

Comments or suggestions from you or John Freau most welcome.

DC at DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net