[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Power versus Spark Length

From: 	richard hull[SMTP:rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net]
Sent: 	Monday, July 21, 1997 2:05 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Power versus Spark Length

At 03:16 AM 7/21/97 -0500, you wrote:

> [...]

Agreed!

But as all relatively simple equations where all is conserved,  the term
"coil efficiency" is virtually unknowable or is at the very least incredibly
illusive to the traditionally under instrumented amateurs.  I am sure that a
bunch of PHd's could make a small system and the above would rigidly hold.
But what would their system be like?  My guess is that it would be pitably
rotten in its performance and the efficiency would be terrible and lead them
to the genral conclusion that the Tesla system is a real waste of time and
ENERGY on both sides of the equation (human and system).

The great thing about the equation is it probably sets an upper limit, at
100% efficiency, for real honest to God volts out!  What is even more
interesting is what vast range of different visual manifestations of sparks
might we expect with similarly equated systems with vastly different talents
and modus operandi on behalf of builders!

This is that illusive unquantifiable item that seems to attract the devotees
in this craft.

The real difference is that at a given efficiency for two identically
equated but differently constructed systems the energy in the system with
smallish violet sparks is spread from low level waste heat to near x-rays,
while the white hot performer will confine itself to a more narrow range of
radiation mostly concentrated in the "pretty" part of the spectrum. (like
your system)

Richard Hull, TCBOR