[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Party and 15 footers

From: 	richard hull[SMTP:rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net]
Sent: 	Sunday, July 27, 1997 7:46 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Party and 15 footers

At 02:49 AM 7/24/97 -0500, you wrote:

> [...]
snip

>15 ft. strikes, .015 total system capacitance, 10 kw., and 7.5 times
>the resonator length.  (Praises to Richard hull with 10 times the
>resonator length)
>Any comments on arcs 15 feet or more with .015 capacitance?

snip again

>Safe coiling to all!
>

>Wild Bill
>TCBFW
>

>Bill and Bert and all you Texans

Great sparkin'!!!  I am glad to hear you staged your first major Teslathon.
Kudos on the 15 footers, too!  That is a definite record for the .015ufd cap
both in resonator length per unit capacitance-spark, and for capacitance
period!  I bet that rotary was whipped up to near transonic tip speeds to
ram 12KW+ in the the poor little .015ufd.  Records bein' broke everywhere...
I love it!!!!  Let them with the .8ufd caps and 1.8 turn primaries dwell on
that one for a while.  Many ways to skin the ole cat!

Good luck with the maggey blastin' guys.

Richard Hull, TCBOR