[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: In vs. Out

From: 	Malcolm Watts[SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent: 	Tuesday, July 29, 1997 3:37 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: In vs. Out

An addendum:

> > I like this idea, but how will we obtain optimal loading?  Still it could
> > give
> > us useful information.
> >   >>

> Two ways: minimum gap brightness and/or first notch quench (for those
> that have scopes).

You asked how. The above is the visual indication. How to do it:
Attached sparks at maximum stretch for attachment (for the ionization
level present) gives this condition. This corresponds to maximum V x
I product in the secondary output summed over ring time for a shot
using the above indicators. Output to air streamers appears to be
capacitively loading while attachment is mostly resistive (at Fr).

Malcolm