[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: good results with new coil

From: 	Jason Judd[SMTP:jason.judd-at-anu.edu.au]
Sent: 	Thursday, July 31, 1997 7:27 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	good results with new coil

Hi All,

Last night I fired up my new coil for its first run. After I sorted out
coupling ,tuning  ,gap and capacitor problems I got 18" inches. I can
still widen the gap further (I don't want to blow up my neon as I don't
have a safe-T gap yet) and I was only running a 6" top load because I
don't have enough copper in the primary to tune a bigger one yet. The
sparks are fairly thin and purple, but Quite energetic.

Here are the specs.

secondary   : 6" X 21.5"    .56MM (23 gauge) wound on PVC pipe

Primary       : .0128 uF (rolled 1MM poly and oilfilled)     13turns
1/4" copper tube

Transformer : 10Kv-at-30Ma neon

Gap            : dual static     set at 6MM

I plan to step up to 15KV-at-60 Ma this weekend after I sort out the top
load spark /saftey gap problems