[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ground system

Subject:  Re: Ground system
  Date:  Mon, 2 Jun 1997 21:24:32 -0400 (EDT)
  From:  richard hull <rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net>
    To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

At 06:15 AM 6/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Subject:     Re: Ground system
>      Date:  Sat, 31 May 1997 08:44:26 -0800
>      From:  Greg Leyh <lod-at-pacbell-dot-net>
>        To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>

>Ed Sonderman wrote:
>
>> I remember at the time Richard Quick suggested interconnecting the
>> ground
>> rods with aluminum flashing and using Alumilox (conductive grease) at
>> the joint
>> of the copper and aluminum.  Then using hose clamps to bind them
>> together.
>

>What is the purpose of the Al flashing?  Couldn't you just connect
>to the ground rods with regular wire and a ground clamp?
>
>-GL
>
>Greg,

I can't speak for Richard Quick, but think the idea was to have a large
surface area to conduct the HF currents to ground.  The falicy is that
the
little round ground rods are the next bottle neck.  As I noted, I just
use
00 copper insulated cable at my end. (about the same size as the rods.

One would have to bury a wide copper or steel plate to make the broad
flashing effort have a real pay off probability.

R. Hull, TCBOR