[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ground system

Subject:  Re: Ground system
  Date:   Tue, 3 Jun 1997 13:08:48 -0400 (EDT)
  From:   Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
    To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

<< > I remember at the time Richard Quick suggested interconnecting the
 > ground
 > rods with aluminum flashing and using Alumilox (conductive grease) at
 > the joint
 > of the copper and aluminum.  Then using hose clamps to bind them
 > together.

 What is the purpose of the Al flashing?  Couldn't you just connect
 to the ground rods with regular wire and a ground clamp?

 -GL

GL,

Presently, there is no wire in the ground circuit.  The connection from
the
bottom of the secondary down to the ground system is made with 4" wide
aluminum flashing.  Interconnecting the ground rods is 4" wide
galvanized
steel flashing.  To provide the best ground possible, I did not want any
wire
in the loop.

Good news, I think I have scored a 30 foot roll of 4" wide 12 oz (about
.015"
thick) copper.  I don't know what it is going to cost yet however.  I
called
two roofing companies and they both have it.  I really am not looking
forward
to digging it all up and re-doing it, but I think it needs to be done.

Ed Sonderman