[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Pulse Compression Saturable Reactor Posts

Subject:  Pulse Compression Saturable Reactor Posts
  Date:   Fri, 6 Jun 97 05:17:43 UT
  From:   "Larry Robertson" <LWRobertson-at-msn-dot-com>
    To:   "Tesla Builders" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Hi ...
        I ran into a strange small book called "High Power
Semiconductor-Magnetic Pulse Generators" byThe M.I.T press
authored by Godfrey T. Coate and Laurence R. Swain Jr.
in 1966.
        It goes into great detail about using SCR's to generate
a large long pulse which is applied to a partially saturated core
which compresses the pulse, resulting in quite a respectable
output of 1.1 megawatt at 9 KV. at a rep rate of 1 Khz.

Lots of math and design equations.

I got this one from "Lawrences Books" available online.

For Jim Fosse :

 Sargeant and Dollinger's book "High-Power
Electronics" is available ( Two copies )  in the "South Bay
Cooperative Library System" which includes public libraries in
Palo Alto, San Jose, Santa Clara, and Mountain View.

Sorry they won't let you buy the book.

LR