[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Secondary wire & insulation

Subject:  Re: Secondary wire & insulation
  Date:   Fri, 6 Jun 1997 03:34:59 +0500
  From:   "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Wed, 04 Jun 1997 11:24:44 -0500 Rick Holland
<rickh-at-ghg-dot-net> wrote;

> I stand corrected. I am familiar with this type of winding, and have the
> book you mentioned, but had not thought of using a fishing sinker to
> maintain tension in the string. Perhaps that's why it was so difficult
> for me.

That would make it very difficult! On my early coils I would wind a
thread the same thickness as the wire the whole length and just leave
it on when done, but the loop with a weight is much easier than
playing with a wire and a thread! Of course the best way is to use a
lathe (expensive)or make a winding machine.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/