[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: K Quiz Answer

Subject:      Re: K Quiz Answer
       Date:  Thu, 05 Jun 1997 21:31:08 -0700
       From:  gene lambert <tesla-at-cyberverse-dot-com>
         To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
        CC:   tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com

Tesla List wrote:

> Subject:  Re: K Quiz Answer
>   Date:   Wed, 4 Jun 1997 07:20:20 -0400 (EDT)
>   From:   msr7-at-po.cwru.edu (Mark S. Rzeszotarski, Ph.D.)
>     To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>
> Hello Coilers,
>         DR.RESONANCE stated:
> >MCM Electronics, Centerville, OH, carries a real fine LCR meter for
> >around $150.00  We have used it for about 6 years now and it
> >takes very accurate measurements.  Every year or so we run it thru
> >the calibration lab at UW-Madison to keep its accurary verified.
> >
>         I bought a  BK Precision Model 878 LCR meter with 1%
> accuracy at a hamfest last year.  I paid around $100 for it, brand
> new with warranty, due to a ham operator in need of cash.  List
> price is more than double that.  I have been very pleased with its
> performance.  Naturally, it is kept far from the arcs and sparks!
> Regards,
> Mark S. Rzeszotarski, Ph.D.

On the same thread, I have a old "Gen Rad" impedance bridge, model #
1650A Seems someone here mentioned that this kind of bridge would be
ideal for tesal coil setup. Is this true? (only problem is, is the
null-meter is broken, and will have to be repaired) Perhaps a addition
of a cheap digital meter would work just fine, but, with the different
how to operate this bridge? thanks

Gene Lambert