[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: How do you get the guts (or stupidity) to draw a spark ?

Subject: Re: How do you get the guts (or stupidity) to draw a spark ?
  Date:  Mon, 9 Jun 1997 03:36:08 +0500
  From:  "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Mon, 9 Jun 1997 03:39:45 +1000 (EST) Rodney Graham Davies
<Rodney.Davies-at-anu.edu.au> wrote;

> To be safe, I'd suggest frequencies atleast 250KHz and above.
> Anything below that and you're likely to _really_ feel the RF.
>
> Anyone else tried it at < 250KHz?

Hi Rod! The Franklin Institute Demonstrators used to have the
audience participate in a 'game' called chicken where everyone whed
hands foring an open circle with a bipolar tesla coil completing the
circle the demonstrator would flip the coil on and soe people would
jup out of the circle yelling. the reaining people would again form a
now saller circuit and the demonstrator would again flip the coil on
and this continued untill there was one person left who presumably
would take the output from the coil directly from their right arm
through the left. (they stopped playing this game when a visitor died
of a heart attack from it). Having been accustomed to playing that
game on their coil and at home on my small coils all over 300 KHz at
that time. I proceded to try it on my first large coil which
resonated around 150 KHz and it HURT! My arms would spasmicly jump
and my wrists felt like they were arcing inside at the wrists. I no
longer play such foolish games with any of my coils.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/