[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RE- Secondary wire & insu (Hull Mag )

Subject:  Re: RE- Secondary wire & insu
  Date:   Tue, 10 Jun 1997 13:13:39 +0500
  From:  "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Tue, 10 Jun 1997 01:24:38 -0400 (EDT) richard hull
<rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net> wrote;

> Malcolm,
>
> Nice little coil!!  I am taking a giant leap backward to the "small"
> with the current magnifier system #12.  Like all systems before it,
> it is a totally experimental effort.  I am using an H2 Thyratron as
> the switch and at 100watts DC input (average) , can get about 6" of
> spark with 3.6KV input voltage.  The peak tank currents are 220amps!
> (~.8 megawatts peak pulsed power) This, far exceeds the 4C35's 100 amp
> peak plate rating.  The pulses are exactly and precisely uniform at
> 1.1KPPS and 1.3us total duration. The tube takes it on the chin quite
> well!  When on, it lights every fluorescent lamp within 8 feet!
> I haven't even begun to explore this system yet.

Sounds like your getting very good output for the power on that
little magnifier! You've broken my old 300 watt per foot of spark
rule for small coils! Could you supply some specs on that magnifier?

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/