[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: RE- panic button

Subject:  RE: RE- panic button
  Date:   Wed, 11 Jun 97 05:23:18 UT
  From:  "William Noble" <William_B_Noble-at-msn-dot-com>
    To:  "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

I have installed a couple of jacuzzis using the pneumatic switch - they
act
just like a regular switch as far as the user is concerned.  no
perceptible
delay, etc.  required pressure is not large, but I didn't measure it -
go to a
jacuzzi store and try one out (it's best tried out sitting in the
jacuzzi with
your best friend and some fine wine).  Actually, if you buy the jacuzzi
to go
with it, then the jacuzzi itself will make a nice ground for the tesla
work
(see, you knew I'd work that in somehow).

sorry for terse responses, 4800 bps is the best I can connect at from
15,000
miles away.

[bill]  SNIP
T>  From: "William Noble" <William_B_Noble-at-msn-dot-com>
T>there is a switch made for use on jacuzzis where shock hazard is
pretty
T>significant.  The switch is pneumatic - there is a button that you
T>install
T>near the jacuzzi, and then a 1/4 inch plastic hose (like aquarium air
T>line)
T>that runs to the pump controls.  pressing the button starts/stops the
T>blowers

 [ ... ]

        There's one thing about your idea which I completely dis-
        like:

                   I wasn't the one who thought of it!

        My only concerns in implementing it are whether the pneumatic
        button must pushed  =hard=  to send a proper air pulse
        to the controller;  also how much  of a delay there might be
        between the button-push and the controller's reaction.

                With an electrical E-Stop push button, only a
                delicate touch is necessary to break the normally-
                closed contacts.   The signal, of course, is sent
                with electric speed.

                                        Pushing on, in --
                                        Detroit, USA

                                        Robert Michaels